Consent and Notice Regarding Electronic Communications For Dr Scott A. Jones
It is recommended you print or save this Notice for future reference.
Updated December 28, 2022
REFERENCE: Colorado Revised Statute C.R.S. 24-71.3 Uniform Electronic Transaction Act
DEFINITIONS PER REFERENCE:
- “Electronic signature” means an electronic sound, symbol, or process attached to or logically associated with a record and executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the record.
- “Record” means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form.
- “Transaction” means an action or set of actions occurring between two or more persons relating to the conduct of business, commercial, charitable, or governmental affairs.
CONTACT INFORMATION OF DR SCOTT A. JONES:
- Phone number: (719) 285-7127
- Business Address: 7661 N. Union Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80920
- Email Address: [email protected]
Note: The terms “you” and “your” used below refer to the consenting patient or (if patient is under the age of 18) the patient’s consenting parent/legal guardian on behalf of the patient.
- ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE AGREEMENT. By selecting the “I Accept eCommunications” button, you are signing this Agreement electronically. You agree your electronic signature (hereafter referred to as “eSignature”) is the legal equivalent of your manual signature on this Agreement. By selecting “I Accept eCommunications” you consent to be legally bound by this Agreement’s terms and conditions. You further agree that your use of a keypad, mouse or other device to select an item, button, icon or similar act/action, or to otherwise provide Dr. Scott A. Jones information via the internet, or in accessing or making any transaction regarding any agreement, acknowledgement, consent terms, disclosures or conditions constitutes your signature, acceptance and agreement as if actually signed by you in writing. You also agree that no certification authority or other third party verification is necessary to validate your eSignature and that the lack of such certification or third party verification will not in any way affect the enforceability of your eSignature or any resulting contract between you and Dr Scott A. Jones. You also represent that you are authorized to enter into this Agreement for all persons who own or are authorized to access any of your accounts and that such persons will be bound by the terms of this Agreement. You further agree that each use of your eSignature in obtaining a Dr Scott A. Jones service constitutes your agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of Dr Scott A. Jones as they exist on the date of your eSignature.
- CONSENT TO ELECTRONIC DELIVERY. You specifically agree to receive and/or obtain any and all Dr Scott A. Jones-related “Electronic Communications” (defined below) via the internet, text, and email. The term “Electronic Communications” includes, but is not limited to, any and all current and future notices and/or disclosures that various federal and/or state laws or regulations require that we provide to you, as well as such other documents, statements, data, records and any other communications regarding your relationship with Dr Scott A. Jones. You acknowledge that, for your records, you are able to use the internet to retain Electronic Communications by printing and/or downloading and saving this Agreement and any other agreements and Electronic Communications, documents, or records that you agree to using your eSignature. You accept Electronic Communications provided via the internet as reasonable and proper notice, for the purpose of any and all laws, rules, and regulations, and agree that such electronic form fully satisfies any requirement that such communications be provided to you in writing or in a form that you may keep.
- PAPER VERSION OF ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS. You may request a paper version of an Electronic Communication. You acknowledge that Dr Scott A. Jones reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the production and mailing of paper versions of Electronic Communications. To request a paper copy of an Electronic Communication contact Dr Scott A. Jones.
- REVOCATION OF ELECTRONIC DELIVERY. You have the right to withdraw your consent to receive/obtain communications at any time. You acknowledge that Dr Scott A. Jones reserves the right to restrict or terminate your access to his website’s scheduling and payment services if you withdraw your consent to receive Electronic Communications. If you wish to withdraw your consent, contact Dr Scott A. Jones.
- VALID AND CURRENT EMAIL ADDRESS, NOTIFICATION AND UPDATES. Your current valid email address is required in order for you to obtain scheduling and billing services from Dr Scott A. Jones. You agree to keep Dr Scott A. Jones informed of any changes in your email address. You may modify your email address by submitting a written request to Dr Scott A. Jones, visit his work location or submit an email to him. Dr Scott A Jones may notify you through email when an Electronic Communication or updated agreement pertaining to his services is available. Dr Scott A Jones may also use his website services for Electronic Communications. It is your responsibility to use his website regularly to check for Electronic Communications and to check for updates to this Agreement.
- HARDWARE, SOFTWARE AND OPERATING SYSTEM. You are responsible for installation, maintenance, and operation of your computer, browser and software. Dr Scott A. Jones is not responsible for errors or failures from any malfunction of your computer, browser or software. Dr Scott A. Jones is also not responsible for computer viruses or related problems associated with use of an online system.
- CONTROLLING AGREEMENT. This Agreement supplements and modifies other agreements that you may have with Dr Scott A. Jones. To the extent that this Agreement and another agreement contain conflicting provisions, the provisions in this Agreement will control. All other obligations of the parties remain subject to the terms and conditions of any other agreement.